Simms is a genehunter, paid by rich collectors to find the DNA of historical figures. He's employed to track down the genetic code of Tom Jacks. But not the Tom Jacks, just an unknown namesake.The job bugs Simms. Something about it is wrong. Someone is playing him. Problem is he doesn't know who or why. And the last thing he needs is the Genetic Monitoring Agency interrogating him about someone he's never even heard of...
There are five novellas in the series. Each is self-contained, but also part of a greater story-arc that's resolved in part #5. My plan is to release one a month and, hopefully, build up interest as I go along. I have no idea if this is a good approach or not - we shall see!
The complete release schedule looks like this:
- October 25th: The Genehunter #1 - The Wrong Tom Jacks
- November 25th: The Genehunter #2 - The Zombies of Death
- December 25th: The Genehunter #3 - The Clone Who Didn't Know
- January 25th: The Genehunter #4 - A Soldier of Megiddo
- February 25th: The Genehunter #5 - Boneyard
As regular readers will know, these stories were originally written as a setting for a computer game. That's something that may still come about, but meanwhile they've really taken on a life of their own. I've had great fun writing them. Hopefully others will enjoy reading them as much...