We'll see how that works out. But I do now have September and October free to do some serious writing, which is a wonderful prospect indeed. Can't wait to see how much progress I can make.
For the record, here's what I plan to tackle:
- Publish Hyrn (the Cloven Land prequel novella) - pretty much ready to go
- Publish Wyrm Lord, book 2 in the Cloven Land trilogy - currently being edited
- Complete The Clockwork War (Engn II) - currently about 75K words written, maybe 15K to go
- Write at least three of the short story ideas buzzing around in my head
- Make a good start on Witch King (book 3 in the Cloven Land trilogy) - currently 1 chapter is written
I's also like to spend some time doing some serious future novel planning. Once Cloven Land is complete, that will be an entire indie-published fantasy trilogy out there. The Engn books are, as regular readers will know, published by a small publisher (December House). Now I just need to complete the set and have the full agent/major publisher deal. Easier said than done, of course, but that's where I want to get to. So I need to sit down and decide which of my hundred odd novel ideas I want to invest a year or so of my life in.
Wish me luck. The two months writing starts now...